Polyamides 6 (PA6) and 66 (PA66) are among the most widely used polyamides in the world. The excellent cost-performance ratio of both polyamides allows them to have a wide range of applications. Polyamides exhibit the following properties:
- High tensile strength and stiffness at High temperature
- Good impact strength, even at low temperatures
- A good flowability makes processing easier
- Excellent resistance to oil and fuel
- Good fatigue resistance
- Due to its low viscosity, PA6 has an excellent surface appearance and better processability than PA66.
- Good electrical insulation properties
- High water absorption
- Low dimensional stability
- Low resistance to strong acids and polar solvents
Although polyamide 6 and polyamide 66 have similar properties, they are also slightly different. For instance, Compared to polyamide 66, PA6 has lower temperature resistance and it is cheaper.
Compare PA6 and PA6,6
- Moisture absorption is less
- Modulus is higher
- Creep resistance is lower
- Thermal resistance is better in the short term
Various industries use polyamides
Polyamides (PA) can be modified in many ways, including adding fillers, fibers, internal lubricants, impact modifiers, etc. The purpose of an improvement is to enhance mechanical properties, heat resistance, chemical resistance, or processability, depending on the end-use and application. Polyamide compounds reinforced with glass fibers are among the most popular polyamide compounds and are used in a wide range of products. PA compound can be used in carpets, belts, clothes, ropes, and rubber reinforcements, as well as in carpets. It is well known that polyamide compounds have excellent mechanical properties including high tensile strength, good flexibility, low creep, and high impact strength (toughness). These compounds are very easy to color and have excellent wear resistance. It is also important to note that they have good resistance to many solvents, oils, and bases.
Application of PA compound
- Automotive: For parts such as wires and cables, cooling fans, air turbine filters, valves, and engine covers, brake and power steering reservoirs, windshield wiper gears, and speedometers.
- Household appliance
- Sports clothes
- Body and housing of electronic parts, valves of various devices, pumps, electrical parts, two plugs, antenna parts
If you consult with our expert experts and know exactly what you need, you can buy PA compound. Additionally, technical information is provided with this product. Our experts can answer your questions about the PA compound price and Buy it.